Shopify is a powerful ecommerce platform that lets you create and manage your own online store. However, if you're not using Shopify's search functionality the right way, your customers may be missing out on some great benefits:
- Without an effective search feature, potential customers will not be able to find what they are looking for. This means more customer frustration and fewer sales.
- Shopify search helps you quickly narrow down the choices your customers have when searching for products online. This saves them time and money by helping them find the right product faster.
- Shopify search gives you the ability to personalize your merchandising efforts.
- Lastly – but perhaps most importantly – using Shopify search builds trust between you and your customers. They know they can count on you to give them the best possible experience when shopping on your website.
Strategies to optimize your Shopify store search
Here are some of the most powerful strategies to optimize your Shopify store search and improve the experience of your potential customers:
Implement keywords and tags throughout your site
There are a number of things you can do to improve your store search experience, including optimizing your titles, metadata tags, and images. Using keywords throughout your website will help customers find relevant products with ease. It will also boost your SEO and click-through rates for your online store.
Adding relevant tags to your products can further help customers narrow their search. For example, if you sell clothes, adding the tag “formal wear” or “evening gowns” will help potential customers filter through all of the clothing options in the store. Never hesitate to add tags when possible – they can be very helpful in helping shoppers find what they’re looking for.
According to Shopify's Online store stats, shoppers spend more time on mobile devices than any other type of device. In fact, by 2025, mobile ecommerce will make up over 10% of all the retail sales in the US. It comes as no surprise, then, that obile optimization can help you boost your Shopify store search results by making navigation intuitive and seamless on all screen sizes.
There are a few things you can do to make your products easily searchable across different categories and styles, including -
- using specific keywords in product titles and descriptions
- creating specialized product pages for certain types of shoppers (like fans of certain bands or athletes)
- using modifiers like "handmade" or "vintage".
- including specific images and videos can help trigger customers' search engines
One of the best ways to make your items easy to find is by using product titles and descriptions for sale items. For example, if you have a shirt that says "Party Harder," make sure to include that language in the product title as well as in the product description. This will help buyers easily identify and find products that are related to what they're looking for.
Of course, there's no one right way to go about boosting your store's searchability – what works for one retailer might not work for another. But by taking these simple measures, you can ensure that your shoppers have a hassle-free time locating what they're looking for – no matter what their preferences may be.
By redirecting users to related pages or products that they are interested in, you can increase the chances of them finding what they’re looking for. There are a number of different strategies you can use when setting up a redirection campaign. You can target users by location, product category, or even browsing activity. Once you have your targeting set up, you can start directing users to the pages they should be visiting.
There are a number of different ways to track and evaluate your redirection campaign success. You can look at user engagement data, click-through rates (CTR), and conversion rates. Additionally, you can measure the amount of time it takes users to reach the desired page and the frequency with which they return to your store.
One way to improve your store's search engine ranking is to add personalized recommendations to your pages. When customers browse through your store, they'll see recommendations that are relevant to their interests. This will help them find the products and services they're looking for faster and easier.
Here are some tips on how to add personalized recommendations to your Shopify store:
- Add tags to product pages. Tags are a great way to personalize recommendations for users browsing through your store. You can add tags to all of your product pages, or just a select few. If you have a lot of different products, adding tags will help users filter their search results more effectively.
- Use custom content filters on product pages. You can add custom content filters before users view a product page. These filters can include things like the category a product falls into, the price range associated with it, or the brand it's from. This will allow you to recommend products
- Set up custom cookies on shoppers’ browsers so that you can track which products they select. You can use this to review customer data (such as age, gender, location, etc.) in order to improve your recommendations over time. You can also provide exclusive offers only available through your website in order to increase conversions.
If you have products that are out of stock, you may be able to improve your store search results by re-indexing your product catalog. This process will help Shopify relearn how to find products based on their title, description, and other factors.
Re-indexing can take a few hours or a few days, depending on the size of your product catalog. During re-indexing, Shopify will scan through all of your products and update their metadata (such as title, description, etc.) accordingly.
Design a smart search bar
A smart search bar will include features like filters and autocomplete, making it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for. Here are some tips on how to design a smart Shopify search bar:
- Include filters and autocomplete features. These features can help customers refine their searches by narrowing down their results or providing suggested
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions for your products and posts. This will help Google and other search engines index and rank your content more prominently.
- Use tags to categorize your content. This will allow visitors to find related topics more easily.
- Make use of search bar plugins and widgets to boost your store's searchability. These tools can help you refine your search results based on specific criteria, like price or category.
- Try using the "Advanced Search" feature on Google to get even more specific results. This will open in a new window so you can continue browsing the website while you're searching.
Summing Up - Shopify Store Search optimization can be the key to higher sales
A better search experience is undoubtedly influential when it comes to your customer's shopping experience. As an online store, it is important that you keep optimizing your Shopify store search to delight returning customers and attract new ones. Personalization strategies, metatags and descriptions, and smart search can all take your Shopify store to new heights.
Another way to do this is through an AI-powered intelligent search for your Shopify store. AI and ML-based search can be instrumental in creating an incredible search experience for your customers. If you’re looking to level up your site search game, then Zevi is just the tool for you!